- K. Lee, Y. Wang, and C. Zheng, Cable-Driven Semi-Soft Robotic Gripper based on 3D-Printed Compliant Origami Mechanism. Accepted for publication in IEEE Transaction on Robotics (2019)
- C. Zheng and K. Lee, Passive Geared Wheel-Leg Transformable Mechanism and Robot Embodiment. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Montreal, Canada, May 20-24, 2019
- X. Liu and K. Lee. Optimized Facial Emotion Recognition Technique for Assessing User Experience. IEEE International Conference on Games, Entertainment, and Media)
- D. Miranda and K. Lee. Music Blocks: Audio-augmented block games for play-based cognitive assessment. IEEE International Conference on Games, Entertainment, and Media
- K. Lee, D. Jeong, R. C. Schindler, L. E. Hlavaty, S. L. Gross, and E. J. Short, Interactive Block Games for Assessing Children’s Cognitive Skills: Design and Preliminary Evaluation. Frontiers in Pediatrics
- X. Cheng, G. Jiang, Y. N. Laker, and K. Lee. IntuBot: Design and Prototyping of a Robotic Intubation Device, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2018), May 2018, Brisbane, Australia
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, Design and Analysis of an Origami-Based Three-Finger Manipulator. Robotica, 36(2), 261-274.
- Y. Wang and K. Lee, 3D-printed semi-soft mechanisms inspired by origami twisted tower. NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA, July 24-27, 2017
- T. Liu, Y. Wang, and K. Lee, Three-Dimensional Printable Origami Twisted Tower: Design, Fabrication, and Robot Embodiment (2018) IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 3(1): 116-123, (Presented at IROS 2017)
- K. Lee, D. Jeong, R. C. Shinder, and E. J. Short, SIG-Blocks: Tangible Game Technology for Automated Cognitive Assessment. Computers in Human Behavior, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.chb.2016.08.023
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, iSIG-Blocks: Interactive Creation Blocks for Tangible Geometric Games. IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 61, Issue 4, pp. 420-428, November 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TCE.2015.7389795.
- B. Floyd and K. Lee, Implementation of Vision-based Object Tracking Algorithms for Motor Skill Assessments. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. Vol. 6, Issue 6. DOI: 10.14569/IJACSA.2015.060639.
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, OrigamiBot-II: an Amphibious Robot with Reconfigurable Origami Wheels for Locomotion in Dynamic Environment. International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Houston, TX, November13-19, 2015.
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, Distributed Communication and Localization Algorithms for Homogeneous Swarm Robots. International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems, November 2014, Daegeon, Korea.
- K. Lee and D. Jeong, Memorix: A Tangible Memory Game using iSIG-Blocks. IEEE Games, Entertainment, and Media Conference, October 2014, Toronto, Canada.
- E. VenderHoff, D. Jeong, and K. Lee, OrigamiBot-I: A Thread-Actuated Origami Robot for Manipulation and Locomotion. in the Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2014), Chicago, IL, USA, September 2014.
- C. Puehn, T. Liu, Y. Feng, K. Hornfeck and K. Lee, Design of a Low-Cost Social Robot: Towards Personalized Human-Robot Interaction. International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Crete, Greece, June, 2014. Also published in Universal Access in Human-Computer Interaction, Aging and Assistive Environments, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 8515, 2014, pp 704-713
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, Dispersion and Line Formation in Artificial Swarm Intelligence. Collective Intelligence 2014, MIT, June, 2014.
- G. Kaloutsakis, A. Reimer, D. Jeong, and K. Lee, Design and Evaluation of a Multi-Sensor Unit for Measuring Physiological Stressors of Medical Transport. 2013 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 2013, San Diego, US.
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, InchBot: A Novel Microrobotic Platform. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Robots and Systems (IROS 2013), November 2013, Tokyo, Japan.
- F. Bellotti, B. Kapralos, K. Lee, P. Moreno-Ger, and R. Berta, Assessment in and of Serious Games: An Overview. (Review Article) Advances in Human-Computer Interaction (2013), Article ID 136864.
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, Directional RSS-Based Localization of Multi-Robot Applications. 12th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing, Robotics, and Automation, Cambridge, UK, February 2013.
- Y. Zhang, K. Hornfeck and K. Lee, “Adaptive Face Recognition for Low-Cost, Embedded Human-Robot Interaction,” The 12th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems, June 26-29, 2012, Jeju Island, Korea. Also available at Intelligence Autonomous Systems 12, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (2013), 193: 863-872.
- K. Hornfeck, Y. Zhang and K. Lee, “Philos: A Sociable Robot for Human Robot Interactions and Wireless health Monitoring,” The 27th Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2012), Riva del Garda, Italy, Mar. 26-30, 2012 (Extended Abstract)
- D. Jeong, B. Floyd, and K. Lee, “ SmartBall: Toward Interactive Play for Infants,” TEI’12: Sixth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction. Feb 19-22 2012, Kingston, ON, Canada.
- B. Floyd, D. Jeong, and K. Lee, “ Geometric Games for Assessing Cognitive, Working Memory, and Motor Control Skills,” TEI’12: Sixth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction. Feb 19-22 2012, Kingston, ON, Canada.
- K. Lee, D. Jeong, B. Floyd, R. Cooper and E. Short, “Games for Automated Assessments of Cognitive and Fine-Motor Skills: Design and Preliminary Evaluation,” presented at the 5th Annual International Conference on Psychology, 30-31 May & 1-2 June, 2011 (Abstract only).
- D. Jeong and K. Lee, “Quantitative Analysis of Muscle Activations and Real-time Simulations for Two Pitching Motions, Overhand Pitching and Sidearm Pitching,” 2011 Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES 2011), Hartford, Connecticut, Oct. 2011.
- D. Jeong, E. Kerci and K. Lee, “TaG-Games: Tangible Geometric Games for Assessing Cognitive Problem-Solving Skills and Fine Motor Proficiency,” IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration, Salt Lake City, Utah, September 5-7, 2010, pp. 32-37.
- K. Lee and G. S. Chirikjian, “An Autonomous Robot that Duplicates Itself from Low-Complexity Components,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2010), Anchorage, Alaska, May 3-8, 2010.
- D. Jeong, E. Kerci and K. Lee, “Sensor-Integrated Geometric Blocks: Towards Interactive Play-Based Assessment of Young Children,” International Workshop on Interactive Systems in Healthcare (CHI-WISH 2010), Atlanta, GA, April 10-11, 2010.
- K. Lee, G. Kaloutsakis and J. Couch, “Towards Social-Therapeutic Robots: How to Strategically Implement a Robot for Social Group Therapy?,” IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA 2009), Daejeon, Korea, Dec. 2009.
- K. Lee, M. Moses and G. S. Chirikjian, “Robotic Self-Replication in Partially Structured Environments: Physical Demonstrations and Complexity Measures,” International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 27, Issue 3-4, pp. 387-401, March 2008
- K. Lee and G. S. Chirikjian, “Robotic Self-Replication from Low-Complexity Parts,” IEEE Robotic and Automation Magazine, Vol. 14, Issue 4, pp. 34-43, December 2007.
- K. Lee and G. S. Chirikjian, “Measures of Efficiency and Complexity for Self-Replicating Robotic Systems,” International Conference on Advanced Robotics, Jeju, Korea, Aug. 21-24, 2007.
- S. Eno, L. Mace, J. Liu, B. Benson, K. Raman, K. Lee, M. Moses, G.S. Chirikjian, “Robotic Self-Replication in a Structured Environment without Computer Control,” IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, Jacksonville, FL, Jun. 20-23, 2007.
- A. Liu, M. Sterling, D. Kim, A. Pierpont, A. Schlothauer, M. Moses, K. Lee, G. S. Chirikjian, “A Memoryless Robot that Assembles Seven Subsystems to Copy Itself,” IEEE International Symposium on Assembly and Manufacturing, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Jul. 22-25, 2007.
- K. Lee, Y. Wang and G. S. Chirikjian, “O(n) Mass Matrix Inversion for Serial Manipulators and Polypeptide Chains using Lie derivatives,” Robotica, Vol. 25, Issue 6, pp.739-750, November 2007.
- K. Lee, M. Moses and M. Kutzer, “Self-Replicating Robots for Space Exploration,” AIAA 2nd Space Exploration Conference, Houston, TX, 4-6, Dec. 2006 (poster exhibition).
- K. Lee and G. S. Chirikjian, “An Autonomous Self-Replicating Robot in a Partially Structured Environment,” AIAA Region I YPSE-06, JHU, APL, Laurel, MD, 10-11, Nov. 2006 (abstract).
- K. Lee, M. Moses, G. S. Chirikjian, “Robotic Self-Replication in Structured and Adaptable Environments,” Proceedings of Robotics: Science and Systems Workshop on Self-reconfigurable Modular Robots (Extended Abstract), Philadelphia, Aug. 2006.
- A New Perspective on O(N) Mass-Matrix Inversion for Serial Revolute Manipulators,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Barcelona, Spain, Apr. 2005.
- K. Lee and G. S. Chirikjian, “O(n) Inversion of Mass-Matrix for Hyper-Redundant Manipulators and Polymer Chains,” MUSME 2005, Uberlandia, Brazil, Mar. 2005.
- W. Park, D. Albright, C. Addleston, W.K. Won, K. Lee, G.S. Chirikjian, “Robotic Self-Repair in a Semi-Structured Environment,” Robosphere 2004, NASA Ames, CA, Nov. 2004.