Welcome to Adaptive Robotics and Technology (ART) Lab! This is a new research lab, directed by Dr. Kiju Lee, focusing on theories and technologies for adaptive robots and human-robot/technology interfaces.
Ongoing research projects include 1) α-SWAT (Adaptable Human-Swarm Teaming via Visuo-Sensorimotor Interfaced Collaboration) funded by DARPA OFFSET; 2) e-Cube for play-based cognitive assessment for older adults funded by NSF PFI; and 3) a new research initiative on 3D-printable origami-inspired robots.
For more information, please visit our research site. ART Lab is seeking for highly motivated students to join our team. If interested, please send your detailed CV to Dr. Lee.
This website is currently under development. If you have any questions about our ongoing projects, please contact us directly for more information.
- [Funding] September 1, 2019. Prof. Lee has received a new NSF award (Award No. 191840) to develop an interactive block game technology for routine cognitive assessment in older adults and explore its commercial potential. (PI: Kiju Lee, NSF PFI-TT, 08/01/19 – 01/31/21, $250,000)
- [Research Highlight] September 1, 2019. DARPA OFFSET Sprint 3 project (α-SWAT) continues to build a new mixed reality simulation environment with an embedded novel consensus algorithm for adaptive human swarm teaming. Stay tuned for more information!
- [Conference: 2019] Zheng, C. and Lee, K., WheeLeR: Wheel-Leg Reconfigurable Mechanism with Passive Gears for Mobile Robot Applications, In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). IEEE.
- [Journal: 2018] Liu T, Wang Y, Lee K. Three-dimensional printable origami twisted tower: Design, fabrication, and robot embodiment. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2017 Jul 31;3(1):116-23.
- [journal: 2018] Lee, K., Jeong, D., Schindler, R.C., Hlavaty, L.E., Gross, S.I. and Short, E.J., 2018. Interactive Block Games for Assessing Children’s Cognitive Skills: Design and Preliminary Evaluation. Frontiers in pediatrics, 6.
- [Journal: 2018] Jeong, D. and Lee, K., 2018. Design and analysis of an origami-based three-finger manipulator. Robotica, 36(2), pp.261-274.
- [Conference: 2018] Cheng, X., Jiang, G., Lee, K. and Laker, Y.N., 2018, May. IntuBot: Design and Prototyping of a Robotic Intubation Device. In 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) (pp. 1482-1487). IEEE.
- [Conference: 2018] Liu X, Lee K. Optimized Facial Emotion Recognition Technique for Assessing User Experience. In2018 IEEE Games, Entertainment, Media Conference (GEM) 2018 Aug 15 (pp. 1-9). IEEE.
- [Conference: 2018] Miranda D, Lee K. Music Blocks: Audio-augmented Block Games for Play-Based Cognitive Assessment. In2018 IEEE Games, Entertainment, Media Conference (GEM) 2018 Aug 15 (pp. 375-381). IEEE.
- [Patent: 2018] Lee K, inventor; Case Western Reserve University, assignee. Wearable socio-biosensor device. United States patent US 9,968,296. 2018 May 15.
- Open positions will be announced here.